- Zombie Spiders Typologies: Controlled Transformations of Net-Structures
- Jingcheng Chen, Dominga Garufi, Dongyuan Liu, Hans Jakob Wagner
- Universität Stuttgart, ITECH master, ITKE, ICD
- Architectural Biomimetics 2015/16
- Prof. J. Knippers, Prof. A.Menges
- Tutored by Marshall Prado, Daniel Reist, Moritz Dörstelmann, Benjamin Felbrich, Saman Saffarian, Nikolas Früh, James Solly
This project first centered on a certain biological specie, in our example the cocoon web building behaviour from a zombie spider, and studied the features and properties from various points of view, such as the structure, building process, fabrication syntax, material and morphology etc.. Then try to transform it into an architectural methodology.
Full pdf can be downloaded here: Zombie-Spider-Research.pdf